Shell LubeMatch – a simple tool, can make it easier by helping you find the right oil.
Check your vehicle’s handbook for the minimum oil quality specification and viscosity grade; but you may wish to choose a better one. Choosing the right oil depends on
- Car type – a high performance car needs higher performance oil
- Car age –engines are constantly improving with newer ones giving a high performance with better fuel efficiency. Advanced oils have been developed to help keep up with these increased engineering demands.
- Driving environment – None of us are keen on stop-start traffic, and neither is your engine. Using the higher quality oils available will help prevent the onset of engine wear and tear.
Discover the right engine oil for your vehicle using Shell’s LubeMatch tool
1 Open Shell Lube Match to discover the right oil
2 Enter the vehicle make and model or enter the license plate number and click ‘find’
- A recommended Shell Helix oil will appear in the results
- Shell Helix offers a full range of engine oil quality and viscosity grades, designed to meet the special needs of your car
- You can also click on ‘oil change intervals’ to see how often the oil requires changing e.g. 12 months