If an error occurs, one of these messages might appear. Here's what they all mean:
Before payment is authorised:
‘No station found’ means the station does not offer Pay at Pump, or Location, WiFi or Mobile Data are disabled. What you can do:
- check Location is enabled, and that you have a Mobile Data or WiFi connection and try again.
- pay in the shop instead
‘Technical Issue’ could mean there was an error with the system that runs Pay at Pump
- check you have the latest version of the app and try again
- delete and redownload the app
- or choose to pay in the shop - you’ll need to get the pump manually authorised by the Customer Assistant before filling up.
After payment is authorised:
‘Time out’ - you are given 90 seconds to start fuelling, which means the pump wasn't started in time:
- you can try again
- or choose to pay in the shop
‘Cancel by Site’ - the Customer Assistant cancelled the transaction:
- they’ll let you know a reason for the cancelled transaction, before manually authorising the pump
- you can then pay for your fuel in the shop when you’re finished